No events to show
Master the sun in one week: The SuperSolarSchool provides you with everything you need to know about solar PV. In the 5 days of training all important topics are covered. In every session, we set a strong focus on practical application. You learn about electrotechnical basics and functionality of PV systems, how to install systems correctly according to international standards and how to plan and manage and sell a project as well as size the system including the battery pack according to the client’s requirements.
Interactive exercises and involvement of the participants make the course content easy to understand and interesting to follow. Facilitators with practical experience connect you with the industry, so it is the ideal course if you want a flying start in solar photovoltaics.
The Super Solar School was developed together with the DGS (German Solar Energy Society) and align with the curriculum of the SAPVIA 5-day Solar PV Installer course. The course is the ideal preparation and recommended course before doing the SAPVIA PV GreenCard PV assessment.
Please note that while the SuperSolarSchool training is highly recommended, it is neither required nor compulsory to attend this training prior to writing the SAPVIA PV GreenCard assessment. The SuperSolarSchool is not inclusive of the PV GreenCard assessment; you will need to register for the assessment separately at a centre of your choosing: https://solar-training.org/events/26-sapvia-pv-assessment/region-ZA/
Everyone who wants a flying start in solar photovoltaics:
- Technically inclined solar Newcomers
- Employees of solar companies (technical staff and technically inclined sales and management)
- Entrepreneurs and business founders
- Electricians and electrical engineers
- Professionals looking for continuous training with minimum time expenditure
- Installers who are looking for PV GREENCARD qualification (Assessment not included)
Day 1 and 2:
- Electro technical basics (series, parallel connection, current, voltage and their influence on yields, I-V-characteristic curve)
- PV system concepts (stand-alone, grid-tied, back-up)
- PV system components (incl. batteries), reading of data sheets
- Basics of grid-tied PV system installation
- Site preparation, tools and equipment,
- Practical installation of a grid-tied PV system incl. commissioning
- Routine inspections, data capturing, testing, trouble shooting, operation and maintenance
Day 4 and 5:
- Project management (timeline, laws and regulation, procedures)
- Site survey and on-site inspection
- Planning and design of grid-tied PV systems (with and without battery storage), calculation of roof-top PV systems and extension of grid-tied systems to back-up systems, fault finding and quality assurance
- Demo of PV simulation software (4 week software license PV*SOL Premium included)
- Sales, marketing and customer consultation
- International accreditation by the German Solar Energy Society DGS e.V.
- 5 CPD credits by SAIEE
- SAPVIA endorsed PV GreenCard Training course (preparation for the SAPVIA PV Assessment)
The course is open to all participants who want to gain knowledge in solar PV. Nevertheless, the pace is quite brisk. Maths skills on matric level are recommended (math literacy not sufficient) to be able to completely follow the course. If you have any doubts, do the self-evaluation before the course; once you have started the course, there is no possibility to claim back the course fee if the level of training proves to be too difficult.
Recommended NQF level to participate: 4
To prepare for the course, you can watch some videos on PV basics that we have compiled on our Youtube channel.
If you are unsure whether this course is right for you, we recommend you complete the self-evaluation and then contact us. If you don't feel prepared for the SuperSolarSchool, we have a great alternative which is called Solar 101: fewer calculations, still 100% PV knowledge.
NOTE: A participant must have an attendance rate of at least 90% in order for GREEN Solar Academy to issue a certificate of attendance.