Vacancies at GREEN Solar Academy
New team members wanted
The GREEN Solar Academy is looking for new team members who are as passionate about solar energy as we are.
Training Content Developer
GREEN Solar Academy is an independent photovoltaic training provider and 100% women owned. We offer PV installation trainings in 11 academies in 9 countries in Africa and Germany and manage one of the biggest PV installer networks in Africa, the GREEN alumni network. We work mainly in English speaking countries, but also in French and Portuguese speaking countries.
To develop new courses and keep our exiting course material updated we are looking for support in the training content development.
- Collaborate with our subject matter experts on training material creation
- Transform hard facts and knowledge into beautiful power point slides, graphics and exercises that are easy to understand
- Create power point slides that follow latest learning theory and approach different learner types
- Edit slides and documents to match our corporate design
- Maintenance and updating of slides and course material
- Assisting with concept development of courses and course material planning
- Assembling of printing material for the individual courses with PDF24 and Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint skills (use of slide master, creation of graphics)
- Basic use of other MS Office programmes (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently, performance oriented and to finalise work within deadlines
- Technical education, preferably in Renewable Energy ideally in Photovoltaic
- Talent for explaining (technical) stuff to others and simplify complicated facts
- Creativity and a good eye for graphic design, Power Point slide design
- Ability to integrate in a team
Skills nice to have or willing to obtain
- Basic graphic design (Canva or Photoshop & Illustrator)
- French and/or Portuguese language skills are an advantage
- Teaching or Tutoring experience
This is a full-time contract position. Renumeration is negotiable. Medical aid is offered as an employee benefit (subject to some conditions).
Offers made will take qualifications, experience and level of responsibility into account.
Applications and queries can be submitted via email to Antje: firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference “GREEN Training Content Developer”. The deadline for applications is 9 am on Friday 27 November 2020.
Applications must include the following documents in pdf
- Letter of motivation indicating
- what motivates the candidate to apply for the role
- salary expectations
- when the candidate would be available to commence work
- references (URLs or attachments) to work done in the field of the job requirements
- A detailed CV or a detailed LinkedIn profile
- Copies of academic transcripts
- Proof of eligibility to work in South Africa (copy of SA ID or work permit)
Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Only candidates who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Candidates who have not heard from GREEN Solar Academy by 11 December 2020 should consider their application unsuccessful.
Note that GREEN Solar Academy reserves the right to not appoint to positions or to change the role in response to applicant abilities and interests.