GREEN operates SAPVIA-endorsed PV GreenCard Assessment Centres in Ballito, Cape Town and Johannesburg
The skills assessment allows participants to test their theoretical and practical capability of installing PV rooftop systems.
Installers who successfully pass the assessment will receive a Certificate of Approval from SAPVIA and will be recognised as a SAPVIA-assessed PV GreenCard Installer.
Registration on the SAPVIA directory is open to Certified PV GreenCard Installation Companies. In order to qualify for registration, a company must be registered as an electrical contractor with the DoEL and employ a SAPVIA-assessed PV GreenCard Installer. Any CIPC-registered company can register as electrical contractors where the owner or one or more full-time employees is an electrical tester for single phase (TSP), installation electrician (IE) or master electrician (ME).
The PV GreenCard Assessment is for PV professionals. The ideal preparation for the assessment is participation in the SuperSolarSchool, the SAPVIA endorsed 5-day preparation course.
PV GreenCard Assessment Agenda
The assessment takes place on site at one of our assessment centres and lasts 2 days: one day theoretical assessment and one day practical assessment.
The structure of the assessment is as follows:
Theoretical Assessment day (8am to 3 pm)
- Introduction & Explanation of Assessment Process
- Theoretical Assessment (exam in the classroom)
- Familiarization workshop and induction (only installers)
- Grouping of the participants for the practical assessment
Practical Assessment day (8am to 1pm)
- Random selection of installation teams of 3 installers.
- Practical examination on installation and wiring of a 6-module grid-tied PV system on assessment roofs
- Overall Feedback session
- Theoretical Assessment – Pass rate 80%
- Practical Assessment – Pass rate 80%
- Overall Scoring – Pass rate 80 %, whereby the scoring of the theoretical assessment is weighted 42% and practical 58%
Furthermore, it is recommended that installers familiarise themselves with the SAPVIA Solar PV Installation Guidelines. This document in conjunction with all relevant national electrical codes, building codes and regulations shall be the basis for PV installations in the country.
When you click on BOOK THIS COURSE, you will need to provide all of your particulars in order to be issued with a a pro-forma invoice. Your attendance of any training or assessment can only be confirmed on full payment of the invoice. Please consult our T&Cs for more information.